- You weren't sure whether it was even in the garage to begin with.
- Your child's knees hit their chin when they pedal.
- The noise from the rusty chain drowns out the 3rd runway.
- You don't know how to fix the flat tire and don't plan on learning.
- You believe in karma.
- It hasn't been ridden since Lance's last Tour De France victory (2005)
- Selling on Craigslist scares you now.
- The streamers clash with your spandex race shorts.
- It would provide the perfect excuse to buy that new one you want.
- You like the idea of a kid, who can't afford to buy a bike, learning how to fix it up and earning it by volunteering.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
10 indications that it's time to donate that old bicycle at the B-Town Bike Fair next Saturday
There are many good reasons to bring that old forgotten bike to the B-Town Bike Fair on Saturday June 19th.
Seattle nonprofit, Bike Works will be there at Fair on SW 152nd and 5th Ave SW in Burien to receive bike donations and talk about their programs from 10am to 3pm.
We hope this "bike drive" is the beginning a new relationship with organizations like Bike Works, that could plant the seeds for similar programs here in B-Town. See our previous post for more info.